In early 2009 and armed with overwhelming community feedback, we embarked on an exciting mission, to provide CPOs and their teams with a fundamentally new model for gathering valuable market intelligence and the tools for driving procurement excellence.
Our overarching ambition was, and is, to ensure that everything the PIU does helps our members to maximise the value procurement delivers to the business.
The result - our shared intelligence model, complemented by a quality-driven bespoke offering and continuous improvement toolset - provides executive and category-level procurement executives with a centralised and specialist intelligence resource for accessing the latest industry insights, trends and best practices.
Services are delivered through a dedicated web portal and toolset, in addition to a programme of corporate-only networking activities.
When you need to think outside the box, perhaps it's the box that needs changing?
The PIU's unique model offers three complimentary but distinct routes for accessing PIU services, namely:
- Centralised operational and executive level intelligence via our secure web portal
- Series of exclusive online and offline events and activities
- Focus on common member priorities and key industry topics e.g. Executive topics, spend categories, supplier markets, technology, regions etc.
- Custom research offering utilising a unique hybrid, quality-led delivery model
- Focusing on specific and sensitive intelligence requirements e.g. new markets, key supplier audits, consumer insights etc.
- Actionable tools and templates developed by the Procurement community for the Procurement community
- Focusing on solving key challenges through practical, proven frameworks e.g. Procurement GPS, a toolset and methodology for driving procurement transformation or continuous improvement programmes.
We believe we're doing something new and exciting at the PIU. If you would like to learn more about our services and how you can access them, click here.